RUN TO ADVOCATE FOR NYC CHILDREN
JOIN TEAM PWC!
Team PWC runners receive guaranteed entry to the 2019 TCS New York City Marathon and raise crucial funds to help vulnerable children overcome the chronic stress of growing up in poverty. Founded in 1908, Partnership with Children has worked for over a century to strengthen the emotional, social, and cognitive skills of vulnerable children in New York City to help them succeed in school, society, and life.
Partnership with Children works in schools in high-poverty communities in New York City, providing critical social-emotional learning programs and mental health services for the hardest-to-reach students, and engaging families in the school community. Our professional Masters-level social workers and licensed Mental Health Clinicians work with students, teachers, administrators and parents to implement a framework of sustainable practices that creates a circle of support around each student. By addressing the social and emotional challenges that undermine achievement, our services lead to increased attendance, improved academic outcomes, better student behavior, improved school climate, and more effective teaching.
We work as integrated service providers and leaders. We provide a consistent, nurturing adult presence and systems building in schools. In short, we make schools safer and better places to learn so that all students have the opportunity to reach their full potential.
As you run 26.2 miles across the 5 boroughs and throughout the communities we serve you will not only be crossing the finish line for yourself, but advocating for more than 10,000 children the agency serves each year through Individual Counseling; Small-Group Counseling; Family and Parent Engagement; and Classroom-Wide Support.
- Guaranteed entry to the 2019 TCS New York City Marathon
- Fundraising resources and support from PWC’s Development Team
- A personal fundraising page to help you meet your fundraising goal
- Signature Team PWC Racing Jersey
- Exclusive invitations to PWC Events
- Team PWC runners commit to fundraising a minimum of $5,000, due in full by Tuesday, December 31, 2019.
- Runners are also responsible for the 2019 TCS New York City Marathon race registration fees.